i was wearing a rainbow bracelet today and a girl i was ringing up saw it and went “oh, are you an ally?”
i replied with “well, i prefer the term ‘lesbian.’”
found some selfies whilst exploring my computer
GUYS GUYS GUYS
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY WAS LITERALLY WRITTEN BY A FEMALE ROCKET SCIENTIST
SHE’S THE FIRST WOMAN TO EVER WRITE A MARVEL MOVIE
WHY IS THIS NOT GETTING TALKED ABOUT
"you can’t ship that, that character has canon interaction with the opposite sex"
i dont even remember when this selfie is from but reblog it anyways
first time wearing red eyeliner
black villains that arent drug dealing “thugs”
black villians with henchmen
black villains with hidden lairs
black villains who arent “bad black”
black villians who are complex
black villians who use magic
black villians who are scientist
Black villains who get redemption arcs instead of being killed off mercilessly.
when you see a dog from across the street
date a girl who reads. date a girl who reads every book she can get her hands on. who slaughtered a librarian to read those books. date a girl who shoots down helicopters with slingshots and commands an army. wait, did i say date? i meant follow into battle. follow Tamika Flynn into battle.
I hate it when people act like anger invalidates a cause, because when it comes down to it the privileged are the only ones who can afford to remain calm.
It’s time for another Bisexual Books giveaway! Bisexual YA author Corinne Duyvis was generous enough to send us some swag from her US tour and we’re happy to pass it along to you guys!
You could win all the fantastic goodies pictured above:
- An AUTOGRAPHED arc of Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis
- An arc of Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce
- A copy of Bi-Normal by M.G. Higgins
- A card from Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
- stickers from tumblr, weneeddiversebooks, a full set of stickers from the Pantomime series by Laura Lam, and a bi pride flag
- bookmarks from bi authors featuring Corinne Duyvis, Hannah Moskowitz, and Saundra Mitchell
Now all the boring rules stuff:
- This giveaway is open to everyone (yes international friends this includes you).
- You must be following us here at bisexual-books to win
- You must reblog this post (likes don’t count for this one sorry guys).
- You can reblog as many times as you’d like
- But no giveaway blogs
- Winners will be chosen August 10th at 8pm CST